Marinated Ginger Beets
Marinated beets are a delicious way to enjoy beets. Let them rest for two or three hours or overnight so they can absorb the flavors of the marinade. Then toss them into salads, or serve as a cold side. My favorite way of eating marinated beets is in my Rainbow Burger, which isn’t a burger at all, it’s a vegetable sandwich that will change the way you think about veggies! I’ve converted many a carnivore with this delicious recipe.
While this recipe may take some time before it is ready to eat, it is really easy to make and requires little effort. It will keep about a week in your fridge.
Marinated Ginger Beets
- 3 large cooked beets, sliced in 1/8 to 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 6-ounce can 100% pineapple juice or the juice of 1-2 fresh oranges
- In a flat glass dish, like a 3-cup Pyrex dish, place one layer of cooked, sliced beets.
- Sprinkle over the top of the beets some of the minced ginger.
- Drizzle over the beets and ginger a layer of balsamic vinegar.
- Repeat layering the beets, ginger, and balsamic vinegar until all of the beets are used.
- Finally, pour over the layers of beets either the orange juice or the pineapple juice. Cover and move to the fridge to marinate for at least four hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve as a chilled side dish, or as an ingredient in salads, or as an ingredient in sandwiches. Enjoy!
Below are the equipment and products I used in this recipe. Click on the photo to order yours through my affiliate link with Amazon.com, for which I receive a small advertising fee. Please visit my Store for more information.
Really a great success in our house. My husband ‘thinks’ he hates all things to do with ginger. I made your beet recipe two days ago for an amount of beets for two days. This morning one of the first things he said to me was, “Don’t forget to pick the beetroot from the garden in time to make that same salad as yesterday” Now if that isn’t a compliment for your recipe I don’t know what would be. Thank you so much.
Hahaha! That’s great Lindy!
Sometimes we women have to teach our men what’s good for them, lol. That really is a great compliment. You made my day!
Really enjoyed this recipe. Definitely will add this to my menu.