Whole Grain Rice In Your Instant Pot!
Once you’ve learned to make whole grain rice, you’ll never touch white rice again. Sure, it takes a bit longer to cook but the nutty flavor and high antioxidants make it so worthwhile! Whole grain rice is simple to prepare and even easier in the Instant Pot. Just remember that water doesn’t cook off in the Instant Pot, so add only what you need. It is pretty much a 1:1 ratio, once you’ve rinsed your rice. This recipe calls for red rice, but brown rice cooks exactly the same.
Whole Grain Rice In Your Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 cups red, black or brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups cold water,
- Rinse rice thoroughly. Drain through a strainer.
- Transfer rice to the inner pot, preferably the non-stick ceramic inner pot. Set inside Instant Pot.
- Pour in water.
- Cover and set pressure valve to seal.
- Set IP on manual, 20 minutes. Allow to release naturally. Disengage warm function by pushing twice on the manual button.
- Once the pressure valve has dropped down, remove the lid, and fluff the rice with a fork. If you are using a non-stick inner pan, use a wooden or bamboo spoon.
Below are the equipment and products I used in this recipe. Click on the photo to order yours through my affiliate link with Amazon.com, for which I receive a small advertising fee. Please visit my Store for more information.