Tahini sauce is delicious over just about any grain dish. It will keep three days in your refrigerator and reheats well. You can make it to the consistency you desire.
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 teaspoon white miso garbanzo bean or soy miso
- 1 teaspoon Mitoku sweet brown rice vinegar or brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- In a blender on medium-high speed, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- If you have a high-powered blender, like a Vita-mix, you can put it on high and blend until the mixture is thick like heavy cream and warm. Add just enough water to thin to a nice creamy sauce. The only problem with using a Vita-mix for this is that the sauce will tend to be a little frothy, with lots of small bubbles in it. While this doesn't affect flavor, it can give it a less desirable appearance. I, personally, don't mind this but if you do, blend this in your regular blender and transfer it to a small saucepan and finish the process on the stove.
Below are the equipment and products I used in this recipe. Click on the photo to order yours through my affiliate link with Amazon.com, for which I receive a small advertising fee. Please visit my Store for more information.