This elegant little dessert comes together in minutes if you have cranberry chutney and cashew cream cheese on hand. If not, you can make the chutney in a total of thirty-five minutes from start to finish and the cashew cream cheese in about five. They should be chilled before assembling the parfait. It may be easier to make these recipes the night before to allow the time to chill. I like to keep cashew cream cheese in my fridge at all times and some cranberry chutney in the freezer for special occasions.
For this recipe, you will need two additional recipes: Instant Pot Cranberry Chutney and Two Types of Super-Easy Cashew Cream Cheese. Of the two types of cream cheese, I use the Versatile Cashew Cream Cheese for this recipe. You can find them both with instructional videos in the “Recipes” section of Time For Change Kitchen.
This elegant little dessert comes together in minutes if you have cranberry chutney on hand. If not, you can make the chutney in a total of 35 minutes from start to finish.I like to keep some in the freezer for special occasions. For this recipe, you will need two additional recipes: Instant Pot Cranberry Chutney and Two Types of Super-Easy Cream Cheese. Of the two types of cream cheese, I use the Versatile Cream Cheese for this recipe. It whips up in less than five minutes. You can find them both with instructional videos in the “Recipes” section of Time For Change Kitchen. Both the Chutney and the Versatile Cashew Cream Cheese should be chilled before assembling the parfait.
Servings: 2 parfait
- 2 Vegan Graham Crackers
- 1-1 1/2 cups Instant Pot Cranberry Chutney
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans*
- 1 cup Versatile Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- First, break off two pieces about 1/2-inch thick and the width of the cracker. Crumble remaining crackers to a fine gravel-like consistency. Put a heaping tablespoon into each of the bottoms of two wine glasses, reserving about a half teaspoon for garnish.
- Combine the cranberry chutney and the pecans. With a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop out a generous portion and drop into each wine glass atop the graham cracker crumbles. Smooth out with the bottom of a spoon.
- Whisk the vanilla into the cashew cream cheese, adding a little water if needed to make it just workable. Spoon a generous tablespoon on top of the cranberry chutney. Smooth with a spoon, adding a little more if needed to cover the chutney.
- Divide the remaining chutney in half. Scoop half into each glass on top of the cashew cream cheese. Gently level with a spoon.
- Spoon a dollop of the cashew cream cheese onto the middle of the final chutney layer. Sprinkle with finely ground graham cracker crumbs. Repeat with the second glass.
- Gently nestle the end of one of the crackers underneath and to the side of one of the dollops of cream cheese. Repeat with the second glass.
*I buy my pecans in bulk (10 pounds at a time) from Renfroe Pecans in Pensacola, Florida. In my opinion, they are the best pecans in the country. They can be divided into quart freezer bags and frozen until ready to use. That way they maintain their freshness for many months. I make no commission nor advertising fee for referring you to them.
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg
Below are the equipment and products I used in this recipe. Click on the photo to order yours through my affiliate link with Amazon.com, for which I receive a small advertising fee. Please visit my Store for more information.